Sponsor

AD BANNER

Últimas Postagens

R.K.Singh - [Poeta Indiano]

RAM KRISHNA SINGH - DHANBAD, JHARKHAND, INDIA

Born, broughtup and educated in Varanasi, I am a university professor, teaching English language skills to students of earth and mineral sciences. I have authored over 150 articles,165 book reviews and 34 books, including Twelve collections of poems, among them, two jointly with U S Bahri, TWO POETS (1994) and COVER TO COVER (2002), and two others, EVERY STONE DROP PEBBLE (1999) jointly with Catherine Mire and Patricia Prime, and PACEM IN TERRIS (2003, a trilogy collection, containing my haiku collection PEDDLING DREAM). MY SILENCE AND OTHER SELECTED POEMS:1974-1994 (1996), ABOVE THE EARTH'S GREEN (1997), and THE RIVER RETURNS (2006) are my other three important poetry books. NEW INDIAN ENGLISH POETRY: AN ALTERNATIVE VOICE: R.K.SINGH (ed: I.K.Sharma) is the latest publication on my poetry. It contains 22 critical articles, six interviews and over a dozen review/comments by about 30 scholars.(Details from bookenclave@yahoo.com).
 I have received several awards and honours, including honorary Litt.D. from the World Academy of Arts and Culture, Taiwan, 1984, Michael Madhusudan Award, Calcutta, 1994 and Peace Museum Award from Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, 1999.

Emptiness


Reads his eyes
in the mirror--
emptiness


WET SAREE

Clings to the body
her wet red saree
waving wrinkles



BIRTH BUDDHA

Sunday
my birth Buddha
lucky red



BIRTH BUDDHA

my birth Buddha
sitting on silk scarf--
self-restraint


HEAT

small shoots pop up
fade soon in scorching sun:
life force humming



Conspiracy

Angels whisper
when sleepless I look up--
a bad rap


SUNRISE

Lonely sunrise--
birds flying away in search
for worms in ash

R.K.Singh
Todos os Direitos Autorais Reservados ao Autor

Nenhum comentário